Saturday, October 13, 2007

Some Crafty Ladies

I just joined a great web site called Faith Sisters. They are into scrapbooking and like to scrapbook their spiritual journey. There's lots of inspiration to be found there. One of the founding members of the site is a friend of mine that used to live here. :( She's very talented in all things Kreative. Another member used to live here too. Now she's far north of me, but sometimes comes to visit.
Last night was scrapbook night at my church. So far I'm fairly lame at my pages, but I hope to get more creative. I just have to figure out how to shoot good pictures so that you can actually see what they're supposed to be. I should know Photoshop pretty well by now with the help of these DVDs. It's always a good idea to take good pictures in the first place. I seem to always have lighting issues.
Knitting Notes:
I finally downloaded some of the pictures I took of the Oriel Lace Blouse. Here's how it looks so far.
Here's the front, a shot of the back, and a close up of the pattern.
It even looks good without sleeves. I am going to finish the sleeves though. I ripped them back to row 16 and now am almost half way to where I was before.
In the mean time I have been knitting a simple scarf for my church's outreach. They want to give scarves, hats and gloves away for Christmas. My first scarf is a 2x2 rib made with Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky. It's almost 3/4 of the way done. I don't have pictures of it yet, but I'll post when I do. I did my first Russian join on this scarf. I think it came out ok. You can't really see it; well I can. I don't think anyone else will though.
The yarn is leftovers from a Christmas project I started in February while my mom was in the hospital. I only need to sew it up. I'll post pictures after Christmas just in case.... ;)

1 comment:

"Kreative Karma" said...

WOW, you go girl! You are the knitting queen!!!